Grades: Ardlon® ENZ & ENP
Ardlon® ENZ & ENP are widely applied in Nylon or PP hi-impact and anti-cold modifying purpose. As a compounder who needs to do necessary modification in order to meet market demand of the required performance of material. Ardlon® ENZ & ENP are therefore developed by our company.
ENZ: modifier for Nylon compounding
ENP: modifier for PP compounding
* Properly choosing of R.V. of Nylon with ENZ is the key to obtain good result of high impact property.
Melt Flow Index of ENZ and Hi impact property
(1) ENZ is usually tested by by Notch Izod Impact at AAP Lab shown as higher as 113 or 115. Their composition are same and process conditions are same without much difference between lot to lot.
AAP Test of ENZ Notch Izod hi-Impact:
Use of 20% ENZ + 80% PA6 (R.V.=2.4) --- dry blending (not going through extruder so that to save extruder machine factors and unexpected conditions); then put it into process of Injection molding pieces for impact test preparation.
* User of ENZ is suggested to practice the same way of test so that to find out if material has been same impact level lot by lot.
(2) Usually when impact performance is not good, the improvement is to consider to increase Melt Flow (M.F.) instead of to decrease M.F. The reason is simple; the higher M.F., the better of its dispersion capability in extruder. As the result hi-impact is got better performance.
(3) Or if it is required of high impact at low temperature condition; then there is need to lower Melt flow.
(4) At AAP's Lab, when adding 20% ENZ, it reaches N.B.(Non Break). Therefore, never it has impact issue. As usual higher M.I. the Nylon coupling with ENZ is better for it has higher dispersion. ENZ is started to be soft under 60 ~ 70 C deg. While, Nylon compounding temperature is usually 250 ~ 280 C deg. ENZ has M.I. 5; while, Nylon has M.I. 50 ~100. Considering this point, if ENZ has higher M.I., they should be better coupling with Nylon.